Chocolate and pecans for breakfast? Why not?
We love pairing dark chocolate with pecans. Not only does the combo taste delicious, it’s also really good for you. Dark chocolate provides antioxidants, while pecans offer healthy monounsaturated fatty acids. Rejoice, chocolate lovers, this breakfast is for you.
Ingredients (serves 16)
- 3 c rolled gluten-free oats
- 1 c raw pecan pieces
- 1/4 c organic flaked coconut
- 1/2 c raw cacao powder
- 1/2 c organic maple syrup
- 2/3 c melted organic coconut oil
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/3 c miniature dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- In large bowl, mix together oats, pecans, coconut and cacao powder.
- In separate smaller bowl, stir together maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Pour over dry ingredients and stir together until well-mixed.
- Spread onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle immediately with chocolate chips and sea salt.
- Let cool and dry for two hours, break apart, and store in air-tight containers.
- Serve alone or with your favorite nut milk and fruit or yogurt.
|Servings Per Recipe||1|
* Nutrition Facts are based on 1 serving
Photographer: Carmen Troesser