We’ve decided there’s no end to the amazing versatility of cauliflower! Quick and easy, it’s sure to become one of your go-to recipes on pizza night. We topped ours with fresh figs, goat cheese, arugula after the bake, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. The possibilities are endless!
- 4 cups riced organic cauliflower
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 free-range egg
- 1 organic garlic clove, minced
- Cold-pressed olive oil for brushing
1. Preheat oven to 475.
2. In a stovetop steamer, place riced cauliflower and steam on medium heat for about 8 minutes or until tender and cooked. Allow to cool for a few minutes until it’s comfortable to handle.
3. Pour onto a kitchen towel and squeeze out excess liquid.
4. Place cauliflower into a mixing bowl with cheese, egg, and garlic. Mix together with your hands and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
5. Press until about 1/4 inch thick, forming your preferred flatbread shape.
6. Brush with a bit of olive oil and bake for about 15 minutes, or until starting to turn a golden brown.
7. Remove from oven, add your favorite flatbread toppings, and continue to bake for a few more minutes until toppings are melted and sizzling. Add any additional fresh toppings and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts for Crust*
|Servings Per Recipe||2|
* Nutrition Facts are based on 1 serving
Photographer: Carmen Troesser