This low-carb recipe is super easy to make thanks to our ready-made salmon burgers. But don’t let the 10-minute prep time fool you: this meal provides a powerhouse of nutrients essential for heart and brain health like omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin C, and potassium.
1 chef-prepared wild-caught salmon burger
2 TB olive oil
1 tsp pine nuts
1 tsp lemon juice
3 garlic cloves
1/3 c fresh basil
1 TB grated parmesan cheese
1 c zucchini noodles
Salt and pepper to taste
For the pesto:
1. Combine basil, garlic and pine nuts in a food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
2. Add oil and process until fully incorporated and smooth.
3. Season with salt and pepper and mix in grated parmesan cheese.
1. Cut salmon burger into bite-sized pieces.
2. Combine zucchini noodles and pesto in a sauce pan over medium heat.
3. Stir to evenly coat zucchini noodles with pesto.
4. Add the salmon to the pan and warm to desired temperature.
Nutrition Facts per Serving
|Servings Per Recipe||1|
Photographer: Carmen Troesser